Appraisal of Investment Proposals
Tregaskis Brown has provided appraisal of investment proposals for a number of years. We most commonly provide appraisal to inform government investment decision-making in the following areas:
- Business Case Development
- Programme investment, including major organisational change or setting up entirely new organisations or services
- Policy and/or service delivery change.
Economic Analysis and Modelling
Although economic analysis and modelling is not our core business, we frequently provide these services as part of wider assignments. Consequently we have actively built our capability to do this work over the past few years. In particular, the economic analysis and modelling services we provide include:
- Development of the economic case and/or financial case as an input into business case development
- Economic and financial modelling as a critical input into the following types of reviews
- Service design and performance
- Policy outcomes and/or proposals
- Organisational change or performance.
Project Financial Management
Our project financial management services are part of our core offering. We have provided these services since the inception of our business 13 years ago and we have become highly credible and reliable experts over that time. Our services include:
- Planning and management of all financial aspects of projects and programmes including time, cost and resource budgeting, forecasting and modelling
- Quantitative cost estimation, including Quantitative Risk Analysis (QRA) for Programmes and Projects – the models and tools we use include some that are proprietary to Tregaskis Brown.
We are particularly skilled at adapting our project financial management services to best fit the type and nature of each project or programme.